Calculate your employee's holiday entitlement
New employee joining your organisation? Use our calculator below to find out what their holiday entitlement will be when they join you.
I have a new employee joining
Where you have a new employee joining during the year, they will be entitled to a pro-rata holiday entitlement. Complete the form and we'll tell you what that entitlement is.
What is a pro-rated entitlement?
- If you offer your employees 28 days' annual leave per year and a new employee joins five months into the year, they would receive a pro-rata holiday entitlement based on the seven months of your leave year that is left.
How does accrual of holiday work?
- During the first year of a worker's employment, you can stop the worker taking more holiday than they have built up. So, if they are entitled to 28 days, they would "accrue" 2.33 (28/12) days per month.
What happens after the first year of employment?
- After the worker completes their first year of employment, they can take the full amount of their entitlement immediately. This of course has downside for the worker. You can also reasonably refuse based on business reasons. For more information, check out our ultimate guide to paid annual leave.
Efficiently plan staff leave and time off
With Leavetrack, you can transform an awkward, manual process and free up your time for what's really important. Your business.
Monitor holiday entitlement accruals
- Leavetrack notifies your managers if an employee's request will exceed the amount of holiday they have accrued.
Holiday entitlement policies
- Customise leave policies for all your locations so all your employees receive the correct entitlements.
Who's off at the same time
- Just in case your employee does want to take all 28 days in one go - you can see straightaway who else is booked off at the same time.
Check whilst on the go
- Beautifully designed and responsive application that works just as well on mobile as it does on desktop.
No credit card required.
60 day trial.
Be more productive.